This recipe is similar to our secret waffle recipe we use at The Strawberry Thief, Bristol.
It’s Gluten and Dairy Free and completely Vegan!
With such a light texture, you’d honestly have no idea!
You will need…
- 1 Frying Pan or Waffle Iron
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Potato Masher (or a blender if you’re feeling lazy!)
- 2 Bananas
- 150ml Soy Yoghurt
- 50g Oats
- 30g Ground Almonds
- 100g SR Gluten Free Flour
- 200ml Almond Milk
- Peel your 2 Bananas and mash in your bowl.
- Add your Soy Yoghurt and Almond Milk, mash and mix until fairly smooth.
- Add your Dry Ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Turn on your waffle iron. (I use setting 4 of 6).
- Pour your batter into the waffle iron, until it almost fills the bottom tray.
- Cook according to your waffle iron instructions.
- If making pancakes – preheat your pan and spoon the mixture in – 1-2 spoons per pancake. Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes either side.
- Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, chocolate sauce or anything you fancy!
Categorised in: Recipes
This post was written by James Gordon